Advice & Guidance
We aim to provide all learners and potential learners with high quality, timely and relevant information, advice and guidance. Our purpose is to ensure that all learners make an informed choice and succeed on a course most suitable to their needs.
How can we help you?
We offer a free information, advice and guidance service open to all current, prospective and past learners, their parents, guardians and carers, employers, and other agencies. Users of the service may drop-in for help or make an appointment for a one-to-one interview with one of our Guidance Team. If you wish to make an appointment, please call 01922 688808.
- Information and advice on learning and training opportunities available at Walsall Adult and Community College
- Support on choosing the learning/training route which is best for you
- Information on how to apply for a course and the entry requirements needed
- Guidance to help you identify your career goals and interests
- Information on course fees and other costs involved with the course
- Information on financial support that may be available to you
- Information on, and referral to, learner support
- Access to up-to-date careers resources
- Guidance on the opportunities available to you after completing your course, including further and higher education and employment opportunities
- Support with CV writing, job applications and interview preparation
- A brief written summary of the guidance interview, outlining the action points agreed
How can our service help people with specific needs?
The College welcomes enquiries from all people and is committed to promoting equality of opportunity within Walsall Adult and Community College and the wider community. If you have a disability, or have problems that affect the way you use our service, we will be happy to discuss the best means of helping you. We are committed to the aim of offering equality of opportunity to all. On request, the College will provide information in alternative formats. If you need support at a guidance interview we can make arrangements for you.
What do we expect from you?
We ask that you treat College premises, staff and other users of the service with respect. If you have made an appointment and are unable to attend please notify us to rearrange or cancel your appointment.
How can you help us to improve the service?
You can help us improve our service by:
- Completing a Customer Feedback form
- Telling us in person, by telephone, or in writing what we are doing well
- Telling us when you are unhappy with the service. The College is committed to giving high quality service to all our clients and visitors.
If you wish to make a complaint please complete a Complaints Form. The completed form should be sent to: Assistant Principal Quality Assurance and Support, Walsall Adult and Community College, Hawbush Centre, Beeches Road, Walsall, WS3 1AG